My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 8 February 2015

Glorious sunshine for a potter at Petworth NT..

The sun was shining but forecast not good.. so I headed off to be a Petworth for when it opened.

It was really warm in the sun for February.... So I decided a longer walk was needed.








I started down by the lake and, for a change, walked around the entire lake in an anti-clockwise direction... lots of birds about on the water..



Seem to be 2 pairs of Egyptian Geese... unless anyone knows differently.




Mallards flew as a family with bread.. arrived!

Just a lone Greylag in amongst all the Canada Geee








A flock of what I thought to be geese took off... then I discovered they were Shovellers... very nice!











and by now is was lunchtime.. or to be more precise.. 'sconch'-time... and a very nice fruit scone it was indeed - meriting a health 4/5 out of 5 .... a consistently good scone at Petworth :D

and Ponders approved but didn't indulge :D















What a glorious day it was too... warm in the sun... and I actually abandoned my gloves.  Just lovely having Petworth as my local.....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails