My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Wednesday 23 September 2015

Ashburnham Place... on a lovely sunshine filled day!

I was visiting a very good friend today who introduced me to Ashburham Place.  Whilst this is principally a religious retreat, the Orangery Tea Room is open to visitors.  We had lunch when we arrived.. a very very nice Panini... mine Brie and my friend's Cheese & Ham.. was delish.

After which, we had a stroll around the lakes area  ... the full path was out of action following a weekend event.. but we had a stroll around as much of (one of the) lakes as we could and had views back to the house. The weather was glorious!!





The Sedum was attracting a Tortoiseshell and many bees...... lovely to see.
















A view of the Church

a really lovely day and thanks to my friend for introducing me to such a tranquil and beautiful place and for a lovely day..  !! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails