My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Tuesday 21 June 2016

Borde Hill Gardens.. so peaceful....

I'm in Dorset over the next few days but today the sun came out after days of rain.  I headed off to Borde Hill Gardens.

I love visiting at this time of the year as the Rose Garden is wonderful... so colourful and full of scent.

There is a Sculpture exhibition on.. so many sculptures but just a few pics of them.. I will go back before the exhibition ends in September.





















The Italian Garden

This sculpture was fascinating.. as each of the two arms filled with water, the arms tilted and returned the water to the pool..

This is one of the areas of the garden which is great to sit in... and just .. relax!!












A kestral paid a visit.. but wrong conditions for a decent pic



















From the outside, this didn't look very interesting but..


looking through one of the 'port holes'  it's all done with mirrors :)


Love this one























Time for lunch.. lovely cuppa ... and a piece of choccie cake ;)

















I will return..

1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

I love the peacock on the fountain, looks so happy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails