My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Saturday 10 September 2016

Blenheim Palace

It was chucking it down when I left this morning... it was chucking it down while I was at Blenheim Palace.... it was still raining by the time I returned.

I've been to Blenheim once with Mum many years ago but because of various restrictions we only visiting the motor museum

I've always wanted to see more and see inside the Palace so today was the day... I didn't walk as far as I'd liked as the brolly was up and I was getting wetter and wetter.... I'll have to go back as there's still so much I want to see.

Blenheim is the family home of the 12th Duke of Malborough

Currently the Palace is being prepared for the Michelangelo Pistoletto, this year' Art Exhibition and there was scaffolding in the Great Hall.
























Then out into the formal gardens....





The partly submerged car is one of the exhibits of a sculpture exhibition which is currently being set up.... most intriguing..  if I'd been there next week!!....






I started down towards the river to go along the River Walk.. but the rain got heavier so decided to save that for another day!!  And I really wanted to visit the Cascades...



The Italian Garden.. which is private so could only raise my camera over the hedge for a picture... which by no means does it justice!!

A rather soggy day, but definitely left me wanting to go back for a 'proper' visit...

1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

I love the stone gateway with the greenery, and also the very expensive and beautiful koi carp

Related Posts with Thumbnails