My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 11 September 2016

Warnham... just a few test shots

I went to Warnham for a short while today having got back from a few days in the Cotswolds.. The sun was shining and the sky was blue.

I've just changed some camera gear so was keen to try some shots of birds in flight to see how the camera and lens coped.

For an entry level dSLR is didn't do too badly.  All pics were hand held.. They are not top drawer pictures but just wouldn't have got anywhere near this with me previous one.  So on the whole I'm pleased.. if the subjects had been nearer then...












6 comments:

Roy Norris said...

What camera and lens Tricia and what settings. ?

Tricia Ryder said...

Roy

Nikon D5500 & using AF-S 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 G lens

Shutter priority on 1/1600 which gave f10 and ISO 1000 using AF-C

Tricia Ryder said...

My first time using a Nikon and need to experiment more with settings.. the pics could be very much better

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Full marks on getting the dragons and darters on the wing

Roy Norris said...

Thats a really good camera Tricia and the lens is good as well. I use to have that lens when I was using a D7000.

For still shots I would try it on Aperture priority f8 and leave the camera to auto set Shutter and ISO.
Set Multi metering and centre focus and focus mode to AF-S.

For flight shots I would just set it on Shutter priority 1/2000 and let the camera auto set the Aperture and ISO.
Set multi metering and wide area focus and Focus mode to AF-C.

Tricia Ryder said...

Thanks for the tips Roy... I will play with settings.. although some of your suggestions were in force :) .

Related Posts with Thumbnails