My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 11 November 2016

Remembering ........



My father, a Canadian, was killed in action in Italy, 9 months after I was born, I would dearly loved to have known him ..



My cousin sent me a picture of my maternal Grandfather recently - it's only the second picture I've seen of him.
He was in the Home Guard during WW2, and was killed before I was born
I would really have liked to have known him too.




Whichever nationality, race, creed or colour or whichever war was fought - today we remember all those who gave their lives and livelihoods fighting for their countries.... and for us




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails