My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 19 February 2017

West Dean Gardens.. Snowdrops and the water is back.

I had a walk at West Dean Gardens today.. the birdsong was amazing.. lots of Robins, Blackbirds and Goldcrests..

One of the hundreds of sheep out in the field

and two visiting Herdy's Sage (blue) and Parsley (grey)

Snowdrops, Winter Aconites and Crocuses everywhere.. they seem to be at their best now..


















the stream that runs through the garden is fed by the Winterbourne.  The water levels until now have been too low to produce a flow of water through the gardens.. I'm delighted that, in part, there is water back now

and so are the Mallards!!

















and it's "Goodbye from me"

West Dean is one of my fave places for a wander.. and I must go up through the sheep fields to discover what's at the top of the hill

1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Aconites just past best now, snowdrops at peak, crocuses on the way up here! I miss every spring flower as they peak then disappear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails