My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 8 September 2017

Buckland Abbey and finally Stourhead!!

So my second visit yesterday was to revisit Buckland Abbey... the former home of Sir Francis Drake



I was greeted by...

and

and

So a wander
















There is an exhibition "The Art of Reflection" by Andrew Logan

His work is quite spectacular... but odd to see the very old with such modern sculptures..


























and finally today I had to come home.. sob.. really enjoyed my few days in Devon.. didn't want to come home..

but home I came, and via Stourhead - a favourite of my Mum's..

needed food, and had a lovely scone..











Just hanging around..



and with that the heavens opened.. I got soaked.. headed off for the final leg for home... took a different route to avoid the traffic at Stonehenge.

A lovely holiday.. want to go back!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails