My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Wednesday 1 November 2017

A Wander at Widewater

Not time to go far today so paid a long overdue visit to Widewater Lagoon.  It twas so warm I took my jacket off!! Amazing for first day of November!

Kestrel hovering in the usual place as I arrived.
Cormorant, at least 3 possibly 5 Little Egret, 5 Teal, 6 Mute Swans, Little Grebe (heard), 2 Dunlin, two Redshank - possible 2 Grey Wagtails.. Several Gulls..



Redshank (?)

Dunlin (?)

Gull taking off as I was photographing the Dunlin








This Egret was aggressive.. had already chased off two individual other Egrets, and then landed almost on top of the Dunlin.





Having then chased off two other Egret, it wanted to feed just where the Teal were..

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails